Here are a couple of sights of Solvang.
About a year and a half ago, a friend called me all excited and said she was at a place we just "Have to" put on our list of places to camp. The place was Lake Cachuma. So that went on the list. Last Christmas we were coming to California for the Good Sam Rose Parade Samboree, and we thought we might stay at Lake Cachuma prior to the GS event, but it didn't happen then. I originally planned our route this year to include it, but we ended up not coming up Highway 101, so we still didn't get there. Today, we went to Lake Cachuma to check it out. When we got home this afternoon, I noticed a comment from Fred Wishnie, reminding me that he and Jo stayed there too and recommending it. It looks like we will probably be heading there when we leave Paso Robles next Wednesday.
This is a view of Lake Cachuma from the observation turn-out on Highway 154, a few miles before the turn off to the campgrounds.
TAG - You're It!
I got "tagged" by Froggi Donna, who's blog, From the Lily Pad I follow. I had the pleasure of meeting Donna when we were staying in Austin, Texas and she'd just gotten to Luling, Texas. She's a fun woman with a great outlook on life. Here's what she says about the new game.
We all remember playing tag when we were kids...great way to get exercise and unless all your friends ganged up on you, the playing field was pretty equal. Well, I've discovered that we can play tag as bloggers.
So, here are the rules as I've modified them to fit our RV lifestyle:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
- Share the 5 top places on your "want to see or want to see again" list.
- Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my 5 random and/or weird facts about myself:
- Like Froggi Donna, I was once a long distance operator, back in the "cord board" days
- I was the first woman power plant operator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- I'm a second-generation native of Colorado Springs, and I have several grandchildren who are 4th generation natives
- One summer, when I was in my early 20's, I drove a tour car up (and down) Pikes Peak at least 2 times a day, and sometimes 3 times.
- I was the youngest of 4 children, and grew up being spoiled rotten (still am, in some people's opinion!)
The top 5 "Must See/See Again":
- The Oregon Coast - we've been there 3 times, that's just not enough
- Glacier National Park - haven't been there yet
- New England in the fall - I've been there, but Jim hasn't
- Charleston, South Carolina - we haven't been there yet
- Savannah, Georgia - we haven't been there yet
Who to tag, hopefully I get to these before any other of Froggi Donna's "Tags" do:
- Grant and Kathy, BirdingRVers, since they're the newest fulltimers we've just met
- Bobby and Shelly, Evans RV Adventures, we met them in Deming
- Ed and Marilyn, The Happy Wanderers, we haven't met them, but follow their blog
- Fred and Jo, Wandering Wishnies, because they're fun!
- Tony and Jackie, Living our RV Dream, we've been following thier blog since their trip to Alaska
Let the games begin! Everyone enjoy watching for the TAG posts from these folks - I'm headed off to let them know they've been TAGGED.
Thanks for the fun, Froggi!