Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tuesday Night Dinner Out

Finally, things are starting to turn green here. Some trees are starting to show their summer finery. The mornings aren't quite so frigid as they were a week ago, although another cold front is headed through tonight. It's been warming up to the 70's during the day. I need to do some updated photos to show off the new color.

Yesterday was a pretty low-key day here. I got caught up with blog reading. Some blogs and forums have had notes recently about napping. Jim is a good napper. The dogs are experts, but I never really got the hang of it. So yesterday I gave it a little try. It worked out ok, but I think I need more practice!

We were invited to have dinner at Chris & Karen's house yesterday evening. They've been friends for years. Karen and I were walking buddies, can you believe we actually got up and walked nearly every morning at 5 a.m.?? Hard to imagine doing that, but we did, for years. Karen had invited some other friends of theirs whom we had not yet met. She thought we'd enjoy visiting with them, since they have a travel trailer. Bob and Kathy just came back from Arizona. In our visiting, we realized we were nearly neighbors! They stayed at a campground in Tucson Mountain Park called Gilbert Ray. We were only a couple of miles (as the crow flies) across the desert at Doc Justin's Diamond J. It was fun comparing notes on our different styles of rving. Of course, we started pretty much the same way, tent to pop-up, to trailer. They are just about to trade in their trailer for a 5th wheel. They were interested in our lifestyle, but enjoy having their house to come back to.
This is Chris and Bob heading to the table for dinner.
Kathy is pouring the water while Karen puts a dish on the table.

We had a very enjoyable evening of conversation and a delicious dinner. Karen needed a little help with a computer issue, so she serenaded Kathy and me on her flute while I worked on the computer. We rejoined the men and had more discussion over dessert and coffee.

Today we are going to enjoy more company! Friends from our days in the power plant are coming for lunch. With the unpredictable weather, we decided to fix a roast in the crockpot instead of trying to grill. I think that was a good decision, since the wind is already blowing and will only get stronger as the day goes on.

And so the days roll by in our wonderful life!

4 comments:

The Haman's said...

Ellie:
Like Jim, Jesse naps. He can nap anywhere, anytime. Our boys also nap very well. I like you - not a napper - maybe I too can learn to once we are out on the road.
Have a wonderful day:~) Ginger

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Keep at it Ellie, you'll get the hang of it!

Speedy said...

Ellie is the wind blowing everywhere??? My it has been blowing here for months. I know what you mean about cooking out we tried it today and I had to hold on to everything to keep it on the table.

Joe and Sherri

Anonymous said...

As a teenager growing up I used to really enjoy outdoor living with my father
and mother as well as the adventure scout. These days I've my own friends and family we all love camping as a group. It is actually a interesting hobby!
My website ; Trailer Tent Guide