Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Girls Day Out

Karon and I took off for our Weight Watcher's meeting at 9 this morning. We have to drive about 10 miles to the meeting location. Part of the route is on a loop that is being built around Temple, so we have to negotiate the construction zone on the way.

We both showed a weight loss for the week. My total loss since the end of September is approaching 20 pounds, so that's encouraging. We got the low-down on the new program aspects and got new books. I also bought some blueberry crunch snack bars which they are discontinuing. I got six boxes, so I'll have them for awhile. Well, as long as I don't go off the deep end and eat about 3 boxes in one sitting, anyway.

After the meeting, we went geocaching. I'd downloaded about 9 caches in the Temple area, and several were close to the meeting location. We found the first one with no problem, gave up on the second after quite a while poking around the exterior of a fast food place, then went the the third location, which just happened to be right outside the local mall. We found the geocache and then went in to the mall.

Karon needed to exchange an item for a gift she's sending a friend, and I wanted to walk and browse. We shopped for awhile and stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. As far as fast food places go, that's one that has a few reasonably healthy choices.

After lunch we headed out for a little more shopping and one last geocache before we headed home. That cache just happened to be right outside another store we both love to shop in - Bed, Bath and Beyond.

The weather started out nice and warm this morning, but by the time we'd shopped and geocached for a couple of hours, the wind was up and the temperature was down. We were both dressed lightly, so we decided to cut short the geocaching and head home.

After a brief stop at home to change clothes and get Jim, he and I went back out to do a little more Christmas shopping and decided to eat out. I managed to find a healthy option at a local barbeque restaurant.

I got to combine two of my favorite activities today, shopping and geocaching - always fun!

4 comments:

Mark and Dortha said...

Way to go Ellie. You will soon be "free" again! It was cold here today too. Earlier there was talk of snow flurries, but think it all went East of us. Thank goodness.

See you soon.

Dortha

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Geocaching is so neat! I'm glad you found some. I need to get back out and find some more in our area. I like the winter months, no critters (spiders, snakes, beatles).

Randy and Terry said...

Congrats on the weight loss, Ellie!!! That is a fantastic accomplishment. Glad you're having a good time with Karon.

Speedy said...

Hello dear friends...Looks like your getting you Christmas shopping done early. Sherri and I are finished...we got gift cards for all the kids and that is it. The young ones got the swingset and that should do it. I got Sherri a present but I can't tell you what it is. It is very large and she will really like it. It is something that she has wanted for a long time. She reads these comments so I have to be real careful not to give it away. She will know soon enough and then she can tell everyone what she got.

Joe