Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chores

These days do come around every now and then. I told Jim a couple of days ago that we were either going to need to get the laundry done or go shopping! He chose laundry, go figure.

We slept in a little this morning and took our time having coffee. We decided to go to the local diner for breakfast and then go to the grocery. Once those chores were done, Jim loaded up the five loads of laundry and went off to his favorite laundromat while I cleaned.

I got down to the nitty gritty, and it was definitely gritty. With the wind we've been having, the Castle sure gets dirty in a hurry. I cleaned from one end to the other and got done just before Jim came back with the clean clothes.

We got a roasted chicken at the grocery, so I fixed the sides and salad and we had a nice Linner. The leftover chicken is already in the freezer to be used for enchiladas one day soon.

I guess today is the "big, expensive, rig day" here. We've seen two Allegro Buses, a Prevost, and several other large rigs pull in today. The park typically starts filling up on Thursday and really gets busy Friday. I find it interesting that some days we see mostly fifth wheels come in, and other days, like today, most of the rigs pulling in are motor homes.

I've already heard from my doctor's office about my bone density screening. It seems my bones are not as strong as they should be. They want me to keep up with my calcium with Vitamin D. Now the "Catch-22" in that advice -- there are new studies showing an increased risk of heart disease in conjunction with taking calcium. Sheesh.

An update on the cat rescue operation - I didn't hear from the rescue organization yesterday as I'd expected. However, last evening when I saw the cat and was on my way over with some food, a neighbor also came out with milk. We chatted, and I think these neighbors are going to adopt the cat. They're moving into a house soon, so they should be able to accommodate it. Until they move, the cat will still be around, because they have 2 dogs and they're living in a fifth wheel right now.

Today's pictures are from a few days ago, around the park and the area:




In spite of chores, wind, and less than great news from the doctor, it's still a great day!

4 comments:

Janna and Mike said...

OK, Ellie and Jim, when I first saw the Linner word, I thought you had made a typo, but I have seen it more than once, what is the story behind Linner?? Janna

Ellie and Jim said...

Janna, since we are slow to get the day started, breakfast is usually eaten mid morning. That throws off all typical meal times for the rest of the day. We don't usually like to eat a late dinner, so "Linner" is our answer. It's a cross between Lunch and Dinner. Sometimes we switch it up and have either Lupper (Lunch + Supper) or Dinch (Dinner + Lunch).

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

I hadn't heard about calcium causing heart disease. You just can't win sometimes!

Good news about the kitty getting a new home!

Speedy said...

Sherri has the weak bones too. She has to take meds and she too has heard about the heart problems. What are you to do???

Sherri and Joe