Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Breakfast in Solvang

We decided to drive in to Solvang and have a late breakfast. We tried the Viking Garden Restaurant today. It was ok but nothing special. I tried a Danish dish called Aebelskiver, which are little pancake balls served with raspberry jelly and applesauce. They were pretty good. They are about the size of golf balls, there were 3 of them in the breakfast.

This is the outside of the Viking Garden

We wait patiently for our breakfast.


After eating, we walked around town and did a little shopping. I found a couple of gifts to send to some friends, and a tiny doll to put on the small shelves my sister and brother in law gave us for Christmas.

Jim takes a little shopping break.


We came back home around 1:00. I took the dogs out for a short walk. Jim decided he wanted to get something for dinner from the market and I wanted a longer walk, so he went shopping again while I walked again.

Pretty exciting day! Here's a picture Jim took a couple of days ago we thought the sky looked so interesting!Until tomorrow then.

2 comments:

dreamjosie said...

Now you really are making me miss that area. Solvang, the food and the wine...I loved that little town!

Jo

Anonymous said...

Me too! I lived here for almost 10 years and it was a great place to settle. Very little crime and nice people.
Ken