Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gone Geocaching

This morning I had a plan. I was going to have a light breakfast and prepare for a hike. I drug out my backpack, put in some first aid supplies, 2 bottles of water, and a granola bar. I got my phone, walking stick, camera and hat. Oh, yes, and the GPS receiver. Today I was determined to find the geocache I've been looking for. I just hadn't been prepared to hike the required distance on previous attempts.

The dogs and I set out on the path. Here's a picture of where I'd been.

And here's one of where I was headed.


It was a quiet, peaceful morning walk. There was no one else to be seen on the trail, but I could see a few people on the lake shore, fishing. The path, which follows the shore line of Lake Cachuma, is easy, with very little climbing involved. I enjoyed the walk, the fresh air and the dogs walking along with me.

I was watching the GPS, getting closer to the hiding place. Aha! I found the geocache! Once I'd explored the contents and signed the log, I carefully returned the cache to it's hiding place. I tried to get the dogs to sit pretty for a picture, but Bobo was distracted by someone over at the lake! Jasmine was looking at Bobo as if she's telling him, "Hey! Mom's trying to get your attention! Look at Mom!" He doesn't mind her, either!

Here's a vew of the lake as we were walking back. If you look closely, you might be able to see the people fishing on the point in the lower left of the picture.


This hawk kept a pretty close eye on us as we passed under the wires.



What a beautiful morning, and a great walk!

I missed the first half of the Chargers/Colts game, but got to watch the second half and the Chargers' win. Our friend, Deb, lives in San Diego and is, to say the least, a rabid fan! I'm sure she's still floating!

We then watched the Jim's Cowboys fall to the Giants. Sorry, sweetie, maybe next year.

I'd put a stew together in the crockpot and we had that for our main meal, along with veggies and sourdough bread. It turned out pretty darn good. Our little crockpot cooks just enough for the two of us and maybe one leftover meal. I also baked a crustless pumpkin pie that we'll have for dessert in a little while.

And that's it for today.

No comments: