Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Really Slow Day!

There just isn't a lot to report today. We got up, I cooked breakfast. Maybe that's noteworthy -- I don't actually cook breakfast very often.



After breakfast, I decided to see if I could find a geocache near here. I grabbed my Garmin GPS which already had the coordinates downloaded. The dogs and I took off and walked the trail behind us. I'd already figured we would need to go quite a bit further on the trail than we'd gone before. I still didn't go far enough. But I did go far enough to realize I needed to be a little better prepared. We came back after walking about 2 miles.

Jim wanted to watch the playoff games today, and we usually don't go out much on weekends anyway. I ended up going to the market and getting deli take out for lunch. I brought it back and we enjoyed our meals.



This afternoon I spent most of the time plotting possible travel routes. I'm using a combination of Google Earth and Microcsoft Streets and Trips. I like Google Earth for the actual satellite images it provides. We can get a pretty good idea what we're getting into with that.


My sister, Ann, called to let me know she has a new great-grandson! This makes her third! Congratulations, and welcome to the world, Nathan!



These are pictures of birds we've taken over the past few days.


Until tomorrow then.

No comments: