Wednesday, February 6, 2008

At Home

I managed to stay home today. Well, not quite all day. We had a Mexico planning meeting at the Wisnies', so we did walk up to the other section of the park this afternoon for that.

This morning I cleaned house while Jim went off to do errands. When I was a kid, I remember my mother would run the vacuum cleaner sometimes with the comment, "this is a lick and a promise". I usually clean with that attitude. However, today was the day to collect on the "promise". It had been awhile since I did deep cleaning, and the place really needed it. I didn't quite finish it all. I still have the windows to clean inside and out. Sounds like a good project for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be warm, and we don't have other plans.

The plans for our Mexico trip seem to be coming together. We'll all meet at an rv park in Nogales, Arizona Sunday night, Feb. 17. Bright and early Monday morning, we'll head for the border. The goal is to be on the road by 7:00. I've been told to "put on my big girl panties and deal with it" -- I was protesting being on the road by 7:00 a.m. We would like to make the trip to San Carlos in 1 day. The addition of possibly visiting Bahia Kino has been added to the itinerary. We will see how it goes in San Carlos, maybe we'll stay a week there and then a week in Bahia Kino. We're flexible.

At the conclusion of our session, for which JoAnn kindly provided some delicious goodies (Thanks again, JoAnn), I mentioned to Jo and Fred that I remembered how to input waypoints into their Garmin GPS receiver. I had the same model as theirs, and couldn't remember how to enter new waypoints. It came to me sometime in one of those half-awake, half-asleep moments one recent morning. So Jo found the GPS and I went outside to let it find satellites. It took a few minutes, I don't think they've had it on since they've been here.

Finally I got the current location. Here's a picture of me explaining to them how to enter new waypoints. Now they should be set to go geocaching. That was one of the activities we were going to do while they were here, but the time has flown by. Maybe when we get to Mexico!


Jim grilled hamburgers for supper, and even fixed all the side goodies to go with them!
Tomorrow we're driving back to Nogales, Mexico again to finish up with dental work.

No comments: