Monday, February 4, 2008

Rainy Day Monday

Last evening I caught a little color in the sky. I spent the evening and night listening to the wind whistling around the motor home. It didn't keep me awake, except for a few hefty gusts.


I did get the dogs out for a quick walk this morning, before it looked like this.



A few e-mails flew around among the traveling group this morning, continuing the Mexico trip planning. We talked about taking 2 days to go from the border to San Carlos. It's only 250 miles, but with getting through the border checks and the twisty turny roads, plus the report from Laurie and Odel that they ended up taking two days, got us to thinking. Jo "suggested" that we leave it at one day, just get going by 7 a.m. I'm not sure anymore if that's a possibility for me, but I'm willing to give it a try! Our general travel rule is to be underway by the "crack of 10".

With the cold, gloomy weather, I thought a nice, warm loaf of banana nut bread was in order, so I whipped this up.



Here's Mr. Bo Jangles, wondering why we're not going out for a nice long walk.

Jasmine doesn't care! She's happy snoozing in her crate.

I filled up a lot of today working on getting our tax papers together and filling out the worksheet for our accountant. Real exciting stuff. I did take time out to make a batch of homemade macaroni and cheese for lunch.

We also worked a little on getting quotes for Mexican Insurance for our vehicles. Jim printed out pages from the websites we've found and spent a lot of time going over all that information.

Finally, the rain stopped and we had some interesting skies. It's still cold, though! The low tonight is expected to be in the 20's. Brrrr!


I thought we came to Arizona to be warm. I guess we'll just have to go further south...

1 comment:

Karon said...

Sounds like an exciting day to me. Hug the puppies for me. Love their pictures, sooo sweet.

Love you, Karon