Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Day Before Thanksgiving

I wanted to get a few fresh vegetables for our salad tomorrow, so I went to the store early this morning. Well, I guess to some people, 9:30 isn't early, but it can be for us. I'm glad that's when I got there, we went by a couple of times later, and the parking lot was pretty full.

After the store excursion, I started in on the house cleaning. Jim needed a job so he could stay out of my way, so I asked him to wash the outside of the motor home windows. While we were working on the windows, Karon came by to see if I wanted to go to the park for a few minutes to feed the gulls. She'd been saving old bread for them. Of course, I'm always up for a break! I didn't take the camera, but I was so busy with the gulls I didn't miss it. When we first got to the park, the gulls weren't hanging out in the place Karon said they ususally wait for people to come feed them. She was driving, so I just tossed out a few bread crumbs and here they all came. We probably had 35 gulls and a few pigeons flocking around the car, waiting for their treats. When we ran out of bread, they all looked after us as if to say, "Hey! Where ya goin? We want more!" We might go do that again and take Jim so he can capture the moment with his camera. Back to work!

I got into the nooks and crannies in the motor home and was working hard again when Jim said he was hungry and wanted to go get something to eat. We tried a place called Alice Fayes on the Bay. The special was soft shelled crab sandwiches, so that's what we had. Boy those were good!

Break was over, and I wanted to get done with the cleaning, and Jim decided to go to the tackle shop so he could stay out of the way of the vacuum cleaner. Finally, done with the cleaning. I can just do a quick once over before our guests arrive tomorrow for our Thanksgiving get together.

Jim and I have much to be thankful for this year. Our dream of selling our house and becoming fulltime RVer's was realized. We have our health. We have wonderful families and friends. We have enough income to live comfortably and give back to the community. We live in a beautiful country in which we have the freedom and opportunity to travel and enjoy. We're grateful to the RV community, there are so many wonderful people to get to know, so many adventures ahead.

Since I didn't take any new pictures today, I thought I'd share a few favorites from some of our past trips.

We wish each of you blessings on this Thanksgiving. May you enjoy health, peace, and plenty!

From our campsite near Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado
Mesa Verde, Colorado
The desert outside Apache Junction, Arizona
Aransas Bay, Rockport Texas

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: