Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday, November 13

I had a few things in mind that "should" get done today. I was going to check around to find a carpet cleaning service so we can have the carpets professionally cleaned in the motor home.

We were going to wash the car, and maybe the motor home.

I was going to sort through my closet and finish filling my donations bag.

None of that happened. Jim decided he wanted to go fishing, so when Karon called to ask what I was going to do today, I told her to come and get me, and we'd find something to occupy our day.

We pretty much had a repeat of a few days ago, which was a combination of bird searches and geocache searches. First, here are a couple of new birds. I haven't looked them up yet, so if anyone wants to chime in, please feel free to give me ideas of what they are.



This is a nice picture of part of Rockport, with an egret by the water.

We stopped back at one of the locations of a geocache that we couldn't find the other day. I'd gone back to the geocaching website and found a good hint that this was a "micro-micro" cache. This is a location where there is a historical marker, so I thought since it's very convenient, we could just make a quick stop and take one more look. I walked right to the little hiding place of this tiny cache. I can't say any more about it, or I might give it away.

Here's a picture of me with the second find of the day. This was fairly easy to find, but I can't tell you any more or I'll give it away. Especially since here's a picture of the cache itself!

We looked for a couple of others, but were stumped on those. Karon knew of a little restaurant that was pretty good, so I took her to lunch since she's been driving me all over the place.

Finally, it was time to go home, what a fun time.

Jim was home by the time we got back -- he'd only fished a couple of hours, without any bites. He wanted to get out and about for awhile, so we took a drive across the Copano Bay Bridge and to the Big Tree, which is part of the Goose Island State Park. It's not within the park where you have to pay to get in, rather it's in the opposite direction. This tree is more than 1,000 years old! It reminds me of a big tree on the coast of Oregon. Thinking about all the things that have happened in the course of history is pretty awe inspiring when I look at something like this.



After visiting the tree, Jim was getting hungry, so we found a little local seafood restaurant for a little supper. It was probably the best shrimp I've ever had.

It's been a good day, maybe tomorrow I'll get to some of those things on the list.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Ellie - great pics. Now I'm interested in geocaching! Bet there's tons here! Keep up the good work with the pics.