Sunday, November 18, 2007

Hanging Around In Rockport

I woke up this morning with no energy. If Jim hadn't pushed me out the door, I might not have even gone for my walk today. But it was good that we did go to the park and get a walk in. I even grabbed my camera in case anything looked interesting along the way.


Here's a picture of the rv park entrance, with the office building behind the fence


Here's a glimpse of part of the walking path through the park, which is about a block from the rv park. There are paved walking trails all around the park.

The walk didn't really get me going, so I decided to postpone doing the laundry and just hang out today. I think I needed a true hanging around day.

I started reading You on a Diet, by Michael F. Roizen, M.D. and Mehmet C. Oz, M.D. about a year ago, but didn't finish it. I brought it with me, thinking I'd have it read by now. Not. I picked it up and started in where I'd left off. It's written in a humorous tone, but the subject matter is serious. We haven't done as well as we could have with our eating and exercising habits since we retired. Time for me to make some changes. What I like about this approach is making small changes, like eliminating 100 calories a day, walking 10,000 steps a day and doing some kind of weight-lifting-type exercising 3 times a week, can make a lot of difference, healthwise.

It looked like rain, so we decided to go ahead and get our lean pork chops grilled before it was too late. Jim started soaking the sugar maple chips while I worked on preparing the inside stuff. By the time we were both done, we had a delicious and healthy meal of grilled pork chops with apple honey relish; stir-fried peppers, onions and broccoli; baked potato (sweet for me, white for Jim); fat free cornbread and salad.

After another walk around the rv park with the dogs, I decided to review my camera manual and see if I could figure out more about the settings. I played around with that most of the afternoon.

Here's a picture I took of our steering wheel table with my plants and Kachina dolls on it


Mr. Bo Jangles is having a day like mine.

Jasmine, getting a little scratching behind her ears



The last project I started was looking at our route to California. We don't leave here until Dec. 7, but I like to play around ahead of time with Microsoft Streets and Trips, experimenting with different traveling times and routes. We have about 12 days to get from Rockport, Texas to Paso Robles, California, so we might stay a couple of nights in a few places. We shouldn't have to rush.

No comments: