Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday, November 12

Today has been a mixed bag of events, making it an interesting day. First, Jasmine woke me before 5 a.m., getting sick in her crate. I got up and took her outside to sit with me for awhile. She seemed to be ok, so I put her back in her crate and went back to sleep for a little while.

Once we got up and around, Jim took the car to get the oil changed while I cleaned dogs and dog crates. By this time Jasmine was back to her bouncy self, so whatever caused her to get sick wasn't anything major, thank goodness. She has a condition that is somewhat typical to miniature schnauzers, chronic pancreatitis, so we have to watch what she eats pretty carefully. She's on a prescription dog food and can't have anything but that. She must have snuck a snack from somewhere!

I also cleaned house while Jim was gone. This is one chore that is much easier now than when we lived in the Big House. It doesn't take long to run the vacuum cleaner, including the dusting attachment I use on the window shades and furniture. I have a Kenmore cannister vacuum cleaner. I really tried to like the small, upright I bought for the motor home before we started fulltiming, but for us with two dogs living here, it just was not gonna make it. I like this cannister a lot.

After Jim got back, we decided to see what we could find around the area. I wanted to go back to the bird viewing area I'd visited a few days ago, so off we went. Here I am with the binoculars, scoping out the bird situation.


While we were at this observation area, off in the distance, we saw a few Roseate Spoonbills. They were too far away to get a good picture, but I know that's what they were as I could see the characteristic pink of their wings when one flew up. I hope we can go back and catch a closer glimpse.

I'm going out on a limb here, maybe this is a Long Billed Curlew.


I haven't got a clue what kind of duck this is! Is it a duck?

After viewing birds for awhile, we stopped at Mac's Barbeque for a sandwich. It was pretty good. I have to keep reminding myself we're still in Texas, so a barbeque restaurant isn't out of character. We found a little bookstore after lunch, where I found a book on birds. Maybe I'll be able to identify some of the interesting ones we've been seeing.

We drove around for awhile after our lunch and shopping.

"Ok, if everyone's here, we can start the meeting."

This view across Copano Bay of a private fishing pier just seemed to express the laid back attitude of today.

On the way back home, we stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription for me and then to HEB for some coffee beans and half and half. It wouldn't be a good thing if we forgot those items.

No comments: