Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sunrise Over Devils Lake

A few weeks ago, I got tangled up with the Pacific Ocean and got my camera wet.  We sent the camera and lens to Canon, with a faint bit of hope that it could be repaired.  Not.  It was sent back to us with a note that it was beyond repair, and we (Jim) tossed it into the dumpster.  Yikes!  I was determined to live without it, but after much consternation, I gave in and ordered a new one.

This time I got a Canon Rebel Xsi with 12mp.  It’s very similar to the one I had (Rebel Xti).  I also ordered (gulp) the 18 – 200mm image stabilized lens, just like the one I had.  I have a feeling I will be much more careful about where I step from now on!

I went out at sunrise this morning, which is pretty easy to do as far as the time, since it doesn’t even think about coming up until after 7 these days.  The trick is having a sunrise here in Oregon!  But today was perfect, so I’m sharing a shot of the sunrise over Devils Lake, just across the street from our rv park:

Ellie 019

Today we are going to drive down the coast, visit some lighthouses and see what there is to photograph.  Stay tuned, more pictures to come!

9 comments:

Doug & JoAnn said...

Your new format is great!
JoAnn

Weldon and Sandy said...

I like your new look. Sorry to learn your camera was not fixable. Sounds like this new one is going to be a good one. Looking forward to more photos.

Fred Wishnie said...

Love the new look. Bummer about the camera.

Roadrunner Chronicles said...

Nice photos! How do you like your Phaeton? We have a Allegro Bus and and enjoying it. Have you been to the factory. We have a Dec 3 appointment and not sure what all to expect.

squawmama said...

So sorry to hear about your mishap with the camera and the ocean... BUT you captures a great picture with your new camera... LOVED it!
Have a great day looking for lighthouses...

Travel Safe
Donna

Mark and Dortha said...

Great Picture...wish I had been there to take one just like it.

Miss you guys.

JB said...

I wondered how long it would be till you broke down and got a new camera. You lasted much longer than I did, mine got soaked last summer, when Blue bucked me off me in river.

Travel Safe

dreamjosie said...

Beautiful sunrise pictures. Too bad about the camera. I hate when that happens.

Linda said...

Wonderful pictures. Enjoy looking at your travels.