Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goodbye to Iron Mountain

Today was our last day in Iron Mountain, Michigan. It's been a good visit - I feel like I've learned more about my dad's family. Of course, there are still questions, and maybe we'll get back here one day for some further research.

We've also experienced some beautiful sights in this area. Jim took some pictures of the Dickinson Country courthouse today for my records.



We had a nice rain shower this afternoon which cooled things off. While it rained, we spent some time watching the Summer Olympics and discussing our plans for the next few weeks.
I also dug out my sewing things and mended a couple of items for Jim. Then, since the sewing machine was out, I decided to make another doll outfit. I've never been much of a seamstress, seems I'm all thumbs in that department. But I decided a couple of years ago that I would try some sewing. I love old dolls, and I bought a few older dolls from eBay. Those are now being kept by my sister. I also got some old fashioned patterns for doll clothes, so I'm trying a few of them. I started on a set of "rompers" which I'll finish up at our next stop.
Tomorrow is travel day, we're headed to Mackinaw City.
It's been a special visit here, but now it's time to say bye!

1 comment:

Speedy said...

Sherri sewed doll clothes for 18 years. She use to make a good living at it. She still sews things for the girls but has not done it professionaly for over a year now. I think when she settles into the retirement mode she will sew some more.

Joe