Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer Breeze Campground, Iron Mountain, Michigan

I don't know what the temperature got down to last night, but it was perfect sleeping weather. I know it rained at some point during the night, but it didn't thunder and lightning, just a nice rain.

We woke up around 7 this morning and took our time with coffee and waking up. I took the dogs for a good long walk on one of the local roads that is paved and doesn't have much traffic. It was cool and crisp, just right for walking.

When I got back I fixed breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. Then we went to the store and got a few groceries. Jim wanted to grill chicken today and try a corn casserole recipe. I wanted to make a pot of taco soup from the RV-Dreams family cookbook. All of that got accomplished.

While Jim was puttering in the kitchen, I walked around the campground and got a few pictures.

We're parked length-wise in a site at the end of a row:



Here's the front view:

This is the end of the office with the swimming pool behind it:

After we ate, we decided to take a short drive. On the map, I noticed there are several large lakes not far from the campground, so we wanted to check them out:



The wildflowers are in full bloom:



We topped off the afternoon with a frozen custard from a local shop. It's been a great day!

1 comment:

Speedy said...

I could just see me out on that lake in my boat...which by the way has not been in the water since it came out of the box. Oh well maybe it will not dry rot before I get to retire. He He. You two be careful out there and stay safe. I sure want to hear from you tomorrow.

Joe and Sherri