Monday, September 1, 2008

In the Castle

Most of my day has been spent in the Castle - cleaning. I know it will get messed up again pretty fast, but I wanted to start the work week with it clean. I got into corners and under things, scrubbed, dusted, vacuumed, and polished.

As usual, while I cleaned, Jim found other things to do, like laundry and a quick trip to the store.

Jim grilled a couple of chicken breasts and I sauteed some peppers and onions, fixed some rice and made a salad. We picked up some huge tomatoes at a local stand a few days ago, so we had one of those in the salad. Gosh, it actually tasted like a tomato! I've gotten so used to the tastless things they sell in stores, I was pleasantly surprised to really taste tomato.

Otherwise, we've followed the news on Gustav and visited with neighbors when out walking the dogs.

It started out a little breezy with a few clouds this morning. The clouds have increased throughout the day and it's been alternating between breezy and still. The air is heavy though, and the humidity is high

The place has nearly filled up, although there are still a few spots open.

The next few days could be interesting - we need to be at Bay #2 by 7:00 in the morning. We'll see how far they get with the list.

1 comment:

Speedy said...

I am back...It is good to see that you are getting everything fixed up. Hope to see you on chat tonight..Sherri says hi.

Joe and Sherri