Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Day in Chattanooga

This was the day I needed to get my routine bloodwork done. I had my doc's orders in hand, along with directions to the lab. After fasting for 12 hours, I was ready to get this over with so I could have coffee and breakfast. Not to be! We slept in and got to the lab a little before 9:30. Jim went with me, so we could go have breakfast afterwards. At 9:45, the receptionist called me up and I handed her the orders and insurance card. She looked at the doc's orders and rolled her eyes and sighed. I knew then that this wasn't going to go well. There were some codes or numbers that she needed and they were not on the orders. She would have to call to get them. We are on Eastern time, and the doc's office is in Mountain time, and they don't open until 8:30. We had 45 minutes to wait before the office would open. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes and give a big sigh. I sat back down and we waited. Finally, they got their numbers and I got my blood drawn and got on with the day.

I got my floor scrubbed while Jim went and got some things done to the car and got it washed. We played with Mark's buffer this afternoon, now of course, Jim wants one just like it. The car is all shiny, and much of the motor home is done too.

Dortha and I got together and came up with some meal ideas, then we made a run to Walmart. after we got back, she put together a delicious chicken noodle soup and I made a quick salad.

And that's our day, of course with a few dog walks thrown in for good measure. Tomorrow is Jim's birthday and we're going on an adventure.
I didn't take any pictures today, so I'm pulling some out of the file for Mississippi. This one is from our patio at Town Creek Campground:
This is a Spider Lily, or Surprise Lily, because they just pop up anywhere:

This is the front yard of the Camp House where I spent most of last week, overlooking Tibbee Creek near Columbus, MS:

What a great life!

1 comment:

Joe and Sherri said...

I talked to Mark yesterday and got the low down on him getting lost. You know he blamed it on someone else LOL We went to the Windstar last night to lose some money...?
We had dinner at the buffet and it was too good. Got home about 10:30 missed the debate and the chat. Hope Jim has a great birthday...Happy Birthday Jim from Sherri and Joe.