Monday, October 6, 2008

Travel Day to Sevierville, Tennessee

Chattanooga was great, we enjoyed our time there, but it was time to move on to new sights and adventures. Shortly after 10 o'clock this morning we were all ready to go and got out of our tight little space without major issues. We followed Dortha and Mark up I-75 towards Knoxville:



We traveled 137 miles and got 8.5 mpg today. Traffic wasn't bad and we had no problem with the little of bit of construction we did see. There was a detour around Knoxville which just put us on the loop around the city, it didn't even slow us down. We were at the River Plantation RV Park and set up shortly after noon.

Our sites are not together here, so we actually have to walk a few steps to each other's places. The trees in this part of the park are all pretty small, so there was no problem getting a satellite signal. We also don't have much shade!



The trees are turning bright red. Since I've lived in Colorado most of my life, it's a treat to see this shade, our trees turned mostly yellow in Colorado.

This afternoon we took a quick trip up the road to check out Smokey Mountain Knife Works and a couple of other stores. The knife shop is huge and carries a whole lot more than knives! We spent a while just looking at all the "stuff" - but only came home with a new cutting board and a bag of smoke chips for the barbeque. Mark and Jim went to a tool store while Dortha and I checked out the cast iron cookware store. Mark bought a small level and that was about it.

Back home, Dortha put together a delicious taco salad for dinner, and then we went out in search of ice cream treats. It's certainly been a full, fun day!

1 comment:

Speedy said...

Sounds good to me. Ice Cream treats you know how to tease a guy!
I had ice cream last night...by myself...don't worry about me I am doing fine here all alone with no one to talk to. I will be OK as soon as I learn how to cook something besides breakfast food.

Work is going well...I think I will fire someone tomorrow just to stir up something...maybe someone will come and talk to me from HR? I am still trying to get my money out of the Stock Market before it goes completely away...No one will talk to me from there either...OK I am going now...have fun

Joe and Sherri