Saturday, March 22, 2008

Getting Settled

Now the real fun begins. I'm seeing things I forgot we had with us, and not finding some of the essentials of getting through a day. Time and patience! We'll slowly get things put where they need to be. Maybe even out the door and down the road to the nearest Goodwill or Salvation Army donation center.

At least we are getting caught up with sleep which is a very good thing, since today was arrival day for sister and brother in law, Ann & Bob, and our cousin, Berta. They pulled in this afternoon and came right over. I had a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering while we got caught up with family news. I got to try out my kitchen's functionality with spaghetti, garlic bread, salad and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

They will be here for a week. We don't have every day planned out but there are a few things we want to do while they are here. They are traveling in a Bounder which is parked right next door to us.

The other big event today was Jim's trip across Tucson to Best Buy to purchase a DirecTV HD DVR Receiver. We got that hooked up, got on the phone with 3 different service reps before we finally got it working. I think we have HD service, but I haven't had a chance to check everything out for sure. I also think we might have a problem with our surround sound system, but it could be operator error. Hmmm....where did we put those instruction books?

Entries for the next week may be a little sketchy and/or scattered, as my family is big on playing cards or dominoes in the evening. I may be late posting the blog, or it may not get published every day for awhile.

You'll know that we're enjoying our precious time with family!

1 comment:

JoyceTravels said...

Ellie & Jim,

I am so happy for both of you! It looks like the home of your dreams! Enjoy the new "home". If you have any questions, feel free to ask us. Maybe (?) we can help.

Joyce & Jim