Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Goddard, Kansas to Nevada, Missouri

Yes, Nevada (pronounned Nah-Vay-Dah) is a small town located on the Western edge of Missouri, about halfway between Joplin and Kansas City. We're here because my great-great-great-grandfather was one of the early settlers here, and I want to do some looking around and reserach. His cabin was the location of the first Vernon County Court.

We had no alarms today! We were on the road about 8:45 this morning and traveled approximately 180 miles. We got 9.2 mpg, not too bad. We are staying at the Osage Prairie RV Park on the east side of town. The park is not too bad, definitely better than the last couple of parks!

Almost as soon as we got set up, I took off for the local history museum and spent a couple of hours looking at old files and talking with a local genealogy historian. I have names of two people I need to call, as they are also doing research on this family.

Our internet connection is not very good, so I'm not posting pictures tonight. Hopefully tomorrow as I'm out and about, I can find a good wifi spot.

We'll be here until Friday, and then it's on to Branson and the RV-Dreams Rally!

1 comment:

Speedy said...

Well that eases my mind. I just could not figure out why you backtracked to Nevada. We have a Navada Texas just north of the lake so I understand. Good to see all is well. See ya at the rally.

Joe and Sherri