Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Delightful Surprise

Today started as usual, with coffee and our walks. We took care of some tax business and then I got busy on the dogs. It had been quite a while since they were groomed, so they were both looking pretty fuzzy. Today needed to be their day!

I got them both washed and Jim set up my grooming table. I started with BoJangles, using my new clippers. What a difference they made. It took me about half the time I usually spend to get him looking pretty good.

I took a short break for lunch and got started with Jasmine. I was just about finished with her when I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Sharon, whom we met when we were here last summer. They were parked across from us then, with their two mini schnauzers. Naturally, we're always drawn to other schauzer families, and we got to know them pretty well then. Jim had mentioned something to me when we were still on the way here about wondering if we'd see them this time. I thought it would be a longshot, but here they are!

We got to visiting with Sharon, and then went over to their rig for a happy hour and continued to get caught up with her and Bob since we last saw them. I took this picture of them last summer:

We ended up going over to the local Mexican restaurant for dinner to continue our visiting. It was great to see them again.

Today turned out to be a fun and interesting day!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Oh, Ellie - it's been FOREVER since I've dropped in to "see" you. Glad to see you are still living the good life.

As for me - one of these days.

Phyllis