Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Short Travel Day

This morning before we left Luling, we took a short walk around the rv park. Jim stopped at one loop so he could finish getting The Castle ready to roll. I picked up the camera and made one more loop so I could record some of the sights around the park.

The entrance to River Bend RV Park:



View of the park across the pond:

This mom and baby, are residents of the park:


A couple more park residents:


And another park resident:


We saw this fishing pole set last evening when we walked, but didn't see anyone around watching it. This morning, it was still there - I wonder if there are any fish in the pond?

We were heading east on I-10 by about 9:15 for our 100 mile trip today. We saw evidence of blue bonnets along the way:

We had a very easy drive and arrived at the Houston West RV park a little after 11. This park used to be a KOA. It's located about 30 -some miles west of Houston, in Brookshire, Texas. It's right off I-10, but so far I haven't been bothered by the noise. I actually heard more traffic yesterday from the River Bend RV park.
This afternoon, I left Jim to rest and relax on his own, and went to meet a friend of mine, who's name is also Ellie, for lunch and some shopping. We had a great visit and shopping trip. It was good to see her again. She and her husband, Ron, will be coming here for dinner tomorrow night.

While we were in Kerrville, Jim decided he really needs to have a portable fire pit/grill, so tomorrow I think we are going on a hunt to see if we can find one.

1 comment:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

If you are going north up I-45, past Conroe, maybe we can meet somewhere?
Happy Trails, Penny, TX