Friday, January 9, 2009

Getting Oriented

I got out for a walk with the dogs this morning. We're in a little neighborhood where there are dogs that are not contained or restrained, so I was pretty cautious about where I went. I made it almost a mile before I came across some dogs who came charging out of their yard, barking. I yelled "No!" at them, and they stopped. I turned around at that point and came back towards the rv park. On the way back, I saw Sandra out for her run and exercise.

I went in and did my Wii Fit, then Jim challenged me to a game of bowling - which he won by only 3 pins. Gordon and Sandra then drove us around the area so we can learn our way around.

We stopped at this boardwalk that is part of a bird sanctuary:




And saw some Gulls:

Caught one in flight:
Ah, palm trees!

Beautiful!


A Little Blue Heron:

What a treat - we got to see a small flock of Roseate Spoonbills:


And a family of Sandhill Cranes:



After we got back, we decided to postpone any more sightseeing until tomorrow. Sandra didn't feel quite right after our White Chili dinner last night, so we thought she'd like to rest this afternoon.
Jim and I had a quick lunch, and then headed to Port Lavaca to see what Walmart and HEB have. We got a few things to add to our pantry and then headed back home.
I noticed yesterday when we got here that my hair developed that "coastal" look - all frizzy and uncontrollable. When we got home this afternoon, I immediately marched into my "hair salon" and gave myself a much shorter "do" - I think this will work out much better! Jim asked me how short I was going to cut it, and I told him I'd keep cutting until I'm satisfied with it.
It's been a great day on the Texas coast!

1 comment:

Debbie Goode said...

I am always cautious when I'm walking our dogs in areas where folks are just letting their animals run loose! Wish everyone would be more considerate of others!

Love the photos--looks like a really nice area.

Debbie