Thursday, January 15, 2009

Half and Half Day

The first half of our day took place on the way to Victoria for me to attend my Weight Watchers meeting. Jim decided to take me and wait for me. We got there pretty early, but I saw that people were going into the meeting, so I went on in. Good thing I did, by the time the meeting started, all the chairs were filled. It's that New Year's Resolution thing - it will be busy at Weight Watchers this month, but will gradually go back to smaller meetings as people fall by the wayside.

I lost weight again, I'm losing slowly and steadily, which is just right. After the meeting, we went to I-Hop for breakfast. I don't much like going out to breakfast, but since I don't eat before going to the meetings, it was a good idea today. I didn't eat much, even knowing that today would be just a 2-meal day.

We went to Academy Sports after breakfast because I wanted to see about getting a pair of "wind pants". It seems that we are not going to escape all of the cold air of winter, and since I need to take the dogs out pretty early every day, I want to have something that I can wear that might keep me a little warmer than the clothes I have. We'll see how these work.
Only in Texas - we saw this truck ornament in Victoria today. Every time the driver hit the brakes, the deer's front legs wave!


We came home then and got ready for the second half of our day. We'd invited Gordon and Sandra to dinner tonight. I put a pork roast in the crock pot this morning, so I needed to finish the planned sides and get the house straightened up. Jim escaped to the store so I could run the vacuum.
He took these pictures while he was out and about. These red berries or seeds look just like jelly beans!
A great blue heron, just hanging out:
What good looking dogs!

Gordon and Sandra came over at 5:30 and we had a very enjoyable evening. They brought a pretty bouquet of pink roses, I'll have to take a picture for tomorrow's blog. Thanks, Sandra and Gordon!

The weather was fairly nice today, it got up into the 60's, with some wind, but not bad. It's been another great day!

2 comments:

Janna and Mike said...

Only in Texas, have you seen the ones that hang from the hitches, the male anatomy parts?? Only in Texas! Although I have seen them in Arknsas, too--must be a redneck thing and I can say that because I am from AR! Great looking puppies!

Mark and Dortha said...

Congrats on another good week at WW! Give the kids a hug for us and tell them we will see them soon!

Hugs,
Dortha