Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Grooming Day!

Grooming hubby and dogs is usually an outside job. But, at 4:50 this morning, I already knew if it was to happen today, all grooming would be taking place inside. A gust of wind hit like a wall, and it didn't let up all day. The sky was clear, the sun was shining, but the wind kept the temperature down in the 50's all day.

A few weeks back, just before we went to Burleson, I had a professional groomer do both Jasmine and BoJangles. She did a good job, but didn't trim them as closely as I usually do, so they were both looking pretty "fluffy" by now.

I decided to get Jim's hair done first, since I knew it wouldn't take very long, and he could then be on with his day. Then I started with Jasmine and got her all prettied up. By the time I started with Mr. Bo Jangles it was 12:30. It took me until almost 3:00 to get him done, then they both got showers.

Of course, then I had to clean up all the mess, just in time to fix "lupper". Luckily, we had leftovers so it wasn't much work to put the meal together.

While I was playing dog groomer, Jim went out with both cameras for a bird run, and came back with a few pretty nice photos.

An egret, watching for his next meal to swim by:

A pier that is disappearing:

And a sandhill crane with a nut in it's beak:

I didn't get a walk in today, other than the usual dog walks, but I think I got some exercise with the grooming. It'll have to do, anyway!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie,

Why does it take longer for BJ and Jaz than it does for Jim?

Charles

Anonymous said...

At least you are able to do 3 clippings in a single day. Yesterday my wife gave our two dogs a shower (long overdue) and began grooming the larger one. Since he was still somewhat damp, even after the hair dryer, it was all scissors work getting the feet clipped and mats off. Since he will be completely dry today it will be the clippers to finish him off. I tell her it is the wrong time of year to turn him from a sheep dog to a skinny dog but she retorts that he has a coat. My dog is a Fox Terrier so she doesn't get clipped (or she turns grey instead of black, white & brown) but I'll probably use the scissors on her feet tonight and perhaps the clippers on her heiny. My scissors work on that heiny last night wasn't really satisfactory.

Speedy said...

I got my hair but the other day...I guess you can see that in my photos. We don't have to cut Putz's hair she stays groomed. I remember Pepper she would get that facial hair in her eyes and it would actually bug her. We had to clip it to keep her happy. Some day I will tell you about Janet's dog and the trimming she got...

Joe