Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Resting Up

Is it something in the air? The time of year? Whatever it is, I know several people, including me, who had a hard time staying asleep last night. I'd go to sleep and wake up in 30 minutes or an hour. I would lie awake an hour or more and then fall asleep, only to wake up again too soon. I finally gave up and got up around 6 and had coffee.

Jim went to the store and picked up most of the last of the staples we wanted to have on hand before we leave Sunday. I worked on our financial tracking spreadsheet. I have used Quicken for over 10 years, but have decided I'll give it up and use a spreadsheet instead. That will save us about $10 a month in bank fees. Also, I can also track our expenditures the way I want to, without having to manipulate canned software. We haven't tracked every penny for a lot of years, but now I want a more detailed picture of what we're spending on this lifestyle.

Because I've felt sluggish and tired all day, I haven't gone out walking, or done much of anything too energetic. I've caught up on some of my internet research and reading.

The Arizona Propane Company came by and filled up our propane tank. We had to pay a delivery fee, but since it's a real pain to pack up and take the motor home to a place to buy propane, we pay the extra for delivery.

We've had a few days of really beautiful weather. This afternoon the wind whipped up and it looks like we're going to have a few days of cooler temperaures, wind, and maybe some rain!

Not a very exciting day, but sometimes we just hang out and do ordinary stuff. Tomorrow, who knows?

No comments: