Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday in Burleson

Today was the day I'd decided to go to a Weight Watchers meeting, the one that Dortha attends. I planned my route and left a little early because I didn't know for sure how long it might take to get there. I'm definitely not used to driving in big cities by myself any more!

I found the meeting location with no trouble and had just gotten there when Dortha pulled up. We went in and got checked in. We both had a loss, but she's not supposed to be losing any more because she's in her 6-week maintenance program. I still have a ways to go, so I was happy to see a loss.

We enjoyed the meeting, it's been a few weeks since the two of us attended a meeting together. I've always liked going to those meetings with friends, somehow it makes a difference to me. I've discovered I do much better sticking to the program if I'm not feeling like I'm all alone. Yes, I know, there are lots of people at the meeting, but still, it just makes it easier if I already know someone. After the meeting, we went our separate ways to the mall across the street. I still needed to get a little more Christmas shopping done! I got that taken care of and found my way back home just fine.

Dortha brought a couple of things Mark made for Jim, a box that sits on the little ledge by the steps coming into the motor home, and a rack to hold the little propane bottles we use for our portable Coleman 2-burner cook top. Thanks so much, Mark, very nice work!

This afternoon was spent catching up on my blog reading, playing a couple of computer games and going on two walks, one with the dogs, one with Jim. While I was gone this morning, Jim got the laundry done and a few things handled around the house.

We met Ruth and Wayne, and Jim's cousin Glenda, at The Rig, a local steak house, for dinner his evening. We had a good time visiting, but the food was just average. It's not a place I'd probably return to.

Tomorrow, son Josh, daughter Robin, and grandson Jacob will be driving from Colorado Springs to spend the holiday with us. We don't expect that they'll get here until pretty late, we probably won't wait up. They'll be staying at a local hotel just up the road.

No comments: