Sunday, November 11, 2007

Name That Bird



I'll just start with this question, can anyone tell me what this bird is? Every day I'm seeing birds that I've only seen rarely in my landlocked history. I'm enthralled with these large, graceful, birds, and I would like to know more about identifying them.



The first part of the day, I took care of one of those necessities of life, whether living in a house or motor home: I did the laundry. Where do all of these clothes come from? I thought we downsized our closets when we started fulltiming! I've tried to follow the rule -- the one that says if you bring something new into the rig, something else has to go. It doesn't seem to be working well, I did 6 loads of laundry today!

That chore done, we shared a charcoal grilled steak with rice and salad for lunch while we watched the Broncos beat the Chiefs. I don't watch much football, but I like to keep track of the Broncos. They're having a rough season, so it was nice they won today.

Remember my "rule of three"? That's the one about hearing something the third time tells me to pay attention. After my rant yesterday about messing up over 80 pictures by taking them all in black and white, I've had at least 3 people tell me they love black and white pictures and to please post them. So today, I looked through them and found a few I'll share.


These are small birds with long beaks, but, I have no idea what they are.



Two turles

Two white pelicans

A mess of shells on the ground


This afternoon, buddy Karon and I once again set out on a geocaching adventure. Once again, we were 1 out of 3 attempts.

I know there's a cache somewhere around this sculpture but after we pulled at every loose rock in the wall surrounding the base and digging under every bush, we gave up for the day and moved on to a small park where we also struck out.



Finally, we found a micro cache "somewhere" around the Fulton Mansion, a well-known historical residence in Fulton, the little town next to Rockport.

Just another wonderful day in the life...

2 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Hi Ellie, your bird is a Great Blue Heron.

Sorry I missed you on chat tonight. We're in Mountain time now so I'll probably be on later than usual.

Sandra

Kerry said...

Ellie - wonderful pics -- I really like black and white pics and have tried some myself. I'd enlarge and frame the turtles! Keep up the good work - the journal is great!