Friday, November 23, 2007

Quiet Day

I knew the day would be filled with college football. However, Jim did agree to go out for a drive this morning before the games he really wanted to see were scheduled to come on. We wanted to see Goose Island State Park, and after our little tour, we think we would like to stay there some time. They have nice sites right on the shore of the bay. There are hookups for water and electric. There are also wooded sites, which would be ok too.


The day was gray and misty, so we didn't see many birds. Jim took the pictures of the shrimp boat and windmill.


After lunch (leftovers of course), I thought I'd try to set up my electronic keyboard in "my" corner and see how that worked. I've had it set up outside a couple of times, but since it's cold and damp, I sure didn't want to be out there today. The first time I got the keyboard out, I was dismayed to find out I'd forgotten to put in more music books, and the owner's manual. I found a copy of the manual online, that's what you can see on the computer screen in the picture, which also shows "my" area. We each have claimed a little part of the motor home as our own space, and that works out well for us. Sometimes people ask if we feel closed in or cramped in here. If we're stuck in here for days on end it does get a little close, but we generally spend enough time outside that we don't get claustrophobic.




I have room on the folding table to put my keyboard, or my sewing machine. I could use it for other crafts as well. My computer sits on the little fold out table most of the time. When I'm done with my project, the table folds flat and goes under the couch for handy storage.

When I practice the keyboard, I use ear buds, so the music doesn't interefere with the tv. That works out great for both of us -- I don't hear the tv and Jim doesn't hear me play the same song ten times!

I've had several requests for my crustless pumpkin pie recipe. I originally got the recipe from the Weight Watchers website, but I've revised it a little bit.


Crustless Pumpkin Pie

  • 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
  • 1 can evaporated skim milk (12 oz.)
  • 3 egg whites (I use whole eggs)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp pumpkin spice (1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 ginger, 1/4 cloves)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup splenda or sugar to taste ( I use the brown sugar splenda blend)

  • Combine all and beat until smooth. Pour into pie plate that is lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake 400 deg 15 minutes and then 325 for 45 or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Top with a little fat free cool whip for even more of a treat. Counts as a vegetable serving and high in fiber.
I ran this through the Weight Watchers recipe builder and for 8 pieces it comes out to 1 point per piece.

No comments: