Thursday, December 20, 2007

We Make it to the Pacific Ocean

Finally, we both slept a little later today. I woke up around 6:15 which is later than I've awakened for several days. After our coffee and my walk with the dogs, Jim headed out to the nearest grocery store while I started the cleaning. He doesn't like to be here when I vacuum, and I don't much care for grocery shopping, so it works out pretty well for him to shop while I clean. I didn't get finished before he came back, so I took a break to walk the dogs again while he put away groceries and sorted laundry. Then he went over to the laundry room and did 4 loads of laundry while I finished the cleaning. This coach was very dirty! I think we still had Texas sand from Rockport in here. But it's pretty clean now. We still need to do the windows, but it was drizzling this morning so we decided to postpone that job.

I also finished the decorations for Christmas. I asked Jim to get a strand of colored lights to put around the windshield, and we have a tiny tree, so it's looking a little like Christmas around the RV. I didn't bring many Christmas decorations from our house. Over the years we had accumulated at least a dozen big crates full of every imaginable kind of holiday decoration. I only kept some of the most precious ones that I just couldn't let go of.

Jim came back with the clean laundry just as I finished up with the cleaning and decorating. We took the dogs and went off in search of some lunch and a nice drive. Lunch turned out to be Mexican at Senior Sanchos. It was pretty good but not spectacular.

After lunch we drove over to Morro Bay. We didn't get out to do much exploring in the town, maybe another day. We did drive out to the huge Morro Rock and took a few pictures. I think my blood contains salt from the Pacific Ocean, because I get really antsy to get out to the ocean as often as possible.
A view of the little town of Morro Bay from the base of Morro Rock

The ever-present gull

This looks like a very well-fed ground squirrel, but I've never seen them so close to the ocean, so I'm not sure if that is what this little creature is.

I love the way the water shimmers in the bright sunlight

The waves were really crashing against Morro Rock

Today was our first trip out to the coast this visit, but I know it won't be the last. I'll try not to bore you all with endless Pacific Ocean pictures. Or maybe I will, but you can count on seeing more ocean pictures anyway.

2 comments:

dreamjosie said...

Ahhh, Morro Bay. You are making me envious now. Loved your pictures. Also have been enjoying your doggie pictures. I am so sorry we didn't allocate enough time when we visited to meet your pups. I think that's a good excuse to get together again!

Enjoy your stay there, and the holidays.

Jo

Grampajoe said...

Ellie and Jim, We received your Christmas card and I went to your blog to see what your life was like. Wow, you guys seem to be having a lot of fun. It's great that you're getting to live your dream. Pat yourselves on the back for that. Since you're constantly traveling, how can we contact you? Is this the best way? Please email us at hansenjb@comcast.net.

Joe and Jo